Code of Conduct
Parkwood Dance Academy Information
All adult staff and volunteers are required to observe child safe principles and expectations for appropriate behaviour towards all children. Parkwood Dance Academy is an inclusive community that does not distinguish between Aboriginal, culturally, and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds. We have zero tolerance to racial, cultural or religious discrimination.
PDA promotes the safety, participation and empowerment of those with a disability.
All personnel are responsible for actively supporting and embedding the culture of safety, participation, well-being and empowerment of children at all times by:
• adhering to this child safe policy and upholding this statement of commitment.
• taking all reasonable steps to protect children from abuse.
• treating everyone with respect.
• listening and responding to the views and concerns of children, particularly if they are telling you that they or another child has been abused and/or are worried about their safety or
the safety of another.
• ensuring as far as practicable that adults are not left alone with a child.
• reporting any child safety concerns or allegations of child abuse to the Executive of CSTD Child Safety, the police or the relevant child protection agency.
• if an allegation of child abuse is made, ensure as quickly as possible that the child(ren) are safe.
• encouraging children to ‘have a say’ and participate in all relevant organisational activities where possible, especially on issues that are important to them.
Staff and volunteers must not:
• develop any ‘special’ relationships with children that could be viewed as favouritism (for example, the offering of gifts or special treatment for specific children).
• exhibit behaviours with children which may be construed as unnecessarily physical. Dance by its very nature requires some physical touch for correction. Teachers can create a safe environment by asking permission of students first.
• do things of a personal nature that a child can do for themselves, such as toileting or changing clothes.
• engage in open discussions of a mature or adult nature in the presence of children with use of inappropriate language in the presence of children.
• express personal views on cultures, race or sexuality in the presence of children
• discriminate against any child, including because of culture, race, ethnicity or disability.
• have contact with a child or their family outside of our organisation without our child safety officer’s knowledge and/or consent (for example, no babysitting).
• have any online contact with a child or their family (unless necessary, for example providing families with e- newsletters).
• ignore or disregard any suspected or disclosed child abuse.
By observing these standards, you acknowledge your responsibility to immediately report any breach of this code to the Principal of Parkwood Dance Academy.
If you believe a child is at immediate risk of abuse phone 000.
PDA PRIVACY COMMITTMENT
The privacy of your personal information is very important to Parkwood Dance Academy. We will not sell, rent or trade your personal information to any third party. We will take special care to protect the privacy and security of your information. This policy explains our information practices and the way that Parkwood Dance Academy collects and uses your information. This Privacy Commitment covers the information you provide to us offline, online, written and oral.
HOW DOES PARKWOOD DANCE ACADEMY COLLECT AND USE MY INFORMATION?
REGISTERING for classes
we collect contact information such as contact name, address, phone number, e-mail address and student information such as student name, birthday and relevant medical conditions. Some of the information is required to manage studio business and will not be used or sold for any other purpose, except as described below. The remaining information is requested to help us better understand our customers and is used only as needed for studio business. This information will not be used or sold for any other purposes, except as described below.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO MY INFORMATION?
Parkwood Dance Academy will access your personal information and/or share it with third parties only for the following purposes: (i) as needed for studio business; (ii) if required to do so by law or to comply with legal process; or (iii) to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of the public.
If you have any questions about our Privacy Commitment or if you wish to update or remove any of your personal information, please contact the office.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITE
Our websites will link to other sites and services from time to time. Parkwood Dance Academy will always attempt to associate with only the most trustworthy partners who share our high standards regarding privacy. Nevertheless, we are not responsible for the content of and privacy practices of any other companies or websites.
WHERE IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED
We take all reasonable steps to protect all of the personal information we hold from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Hard copy information is generally stored in our offices which are secured to prevent entry by unauthorised people. It is usually archived for 5 years and then destroyed.
YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS
Access to your financial information is restricted to our authorised staff only. Your credit card authorisations are single use only and are destroyed after processing.